Friday, February 20, 2015

Be Inspired, I Am



My brain is feeling a little tired tonight.  More than a little inspired though.  I attended my very first educamp today.  #educamprotovegas.  A room of such amazing talent.  I was so inspired.

A network of professional learning partners - in the form of Twitter, or face-to-face - is so incredibly powerful.  Such power to change, to motivate, to support, to learn.  There is truly nothing else that comes close.

I put my hand up at the end of last year to run our region's Year 4-8 Teachers PLN.  It's a little daunting, but I'm also dreadfully excited.  I ran this same group a couple of years ago and hadn't yet experienced the power and beauty of a great PLN, but this time will be different.  Connecting with my neighbouring colleagues is something I've always been passionate about.  We share a common catchment of students, experience a lot of the same hardships, challenges, celebrations and successes.  Who better to meet with on a regular basis and hash things out?  What untapped talent is lurking just below the surface in our group?  I am dying to find out.

Attending #educamprotovegas today gave me a lot of ideas of how to establish, support and grow this PLN baby, to nurture it into a strong connected group of like-minded educators with a passion for making a difference and collaborating for the goal of student success.  Top of my to-do list is providing a warm and inviting environment for us to meet in - my classroom (best I get tidying!!), establishing a sense of mutual trust and respect, giving opportunities for everyone to share (or to just listen if that is what they need), good food (a must-have in my book!) and hot coffee.  It will be our first meeting of the year and I want everyone to leave the room as I left educamp today... wanting more.

More connectedness, more learning, more collaboration.  More.

Did I mention that I was excited?  Inspired?  I am.

As a side note... to all those I met today face-to-face at #educamprotovegas - you inspire me daily on Twitter and you have now inspired me in real life.  I was in awe of the talent and sheer passion that exuded from the room.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment